Seattle 1978

Seattle 1978

Friday, December 30, 2011

Old is new

I can't decide if this post should be "old is new" or "new is old".

From the family White Elephant game this Christmas, my daughter and I scored big.  At first when I opened mine, I wasn't sure what it was. But as I pulled it out, I loved the shimmery beauty and sparkly, tinkly tone of these vintage silver spoon wind chimes

From Visiting Vintage

They're so lovely! And I'm delighted that these were repurposed this way.

And then my husband who had the last pick stole this epic Think Geek Star Trek Enterprise Pizza cutter from his twin sister for our Trekkie teenage daughter.  Who'd a thought a 1960s clunky toy space ship could be such a thing of beauty?!
From Visiting Vintage

It is so reflective, I couldn't help but try to capture Christmas lights in them.
From Visiting Vintage

I'm pretty pleased my daughter loves a retro TV classic so much.  And I love that "old can be new" or "new can be old".

No comments: