Seattle 1978

Seattle 1978

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to School and College 1959

Our district is starting up again today, the day after Labor Day.  I enjoyed this cover of the September 12, 1959 Saturday Evening Post.  I love working at an elementary school, so I'm going back-to-school myself. But, wouldn't it be nice to relax on the sofa with a cup of coffee for some alone time?
From Vintage Goodness
Carefree college coeds circa 1959 enjoying autumn between classes

From Vintage Goodness

2 comments:

Matt said...

Boy, she didn't waste any time getting settled. Kids aren't even at the end of the walk yet. Love the pack of smokes and ashtray on the coffee table. That takes me back.

Jana said...

Yep - I don't think it would have been authentic without the ashtray and smokes. It's impressive that she's not still in her chenille bathrobe, fluffy slippers and pink sponge curlers. And I think there's a lipstick stain on her napkin so makeup was even applied!