Seattle 1978

Seattle 1978

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

As much as I dislike the campaign season, I'm still very grateful for the privilege to vote.  I was eighteen in time for the 1980 presidential election and it was the last time I recall the big old-fashioned election booth that you walked inside and pulled a large lever to close a curtain behind you (which brings to mind for me the "Wizard" in the Wizard of Oz).  And then there were dozens of small levers to select your candidate or vote for or against an issue.
Thankfully we have more choices in each row

Life Savers
October 15, 1956 Life Magazine

A few more Election season ads from 1956 - recognize the artist? I read several children's books to my own kids by this illustrator

Eagleknit (Eloise Wilkin)
October 15, 1956 Life Magazine


Chase & Sanborn
October 15, 1956 Life Magazine

So Americans - Get out and vote!

No comments: