Seattle 1978

Seattle 1978

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ingemann J. H. Jorgensen

If you read my last post, I mentioned that I am trying to research a man named Ingeman with no last name.  Not easy.

This morning I went to a free workshop titled The Basics of Historical Resarch at Bellevue College Campus in the same building as The Puget Sound Branch of the Washington State Archives.

LOVED IT!!!

For whatever reason, I haven't used the Washington State Archives database much (maybe I tried it and it didn't have much of interest to me as the collection was starting to grow so I forgot about it).  I thought I'd poke around when I got home and even though I only have a first name, I decided to search it since it's not too common in the United States.

BINGO!

There's no doubt in my mind that this is the right Ingeman since he's from Mount Vernon and served at Camp Cody.  Quite a thrill to have another important piece of the puzzle.  I would still love to know if he's somehow related to Hans and Maren Andersen or was just a close friend. But I definitely feel like I'm making progress in Maren's albums and scrapbooks!

No comments: