Seattle 1978

Seattle 1978

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Vintage Valentines

Happy Valentine's Day!


Mailed 1907



"Valentine Greetings - I send this card so you can see You've surely got a pull with me."


Mailed 1909


"Valentine Greetings. Life's rough places I will smooth, Pains and aches and troubles soothe."


"To My Valentine - In choosing mates let's you and I, Put all our trust in Cupid sly; Who reads our hears - And knows that mine, Was made for you - My Valentine."


Mailed 1914


"Valentine Remembrance - Open your door and let me in, Though but a merry rhyme, I come from one who hopes to win A deeper thought in time!"


"Valentine Wishes. My whole affection is set upon you. Please say you like me a little bit too."


mailed 1910. "To my Sweetheart. I love you, sweetest Valentine, To tell you let me dare, And we shall be, if you'll be mine, A very happy (pear)"


They sure don't write 'em like they used to! :)


No comments: