Seattle 1978

Seattle 1978

Monday, April 2, 2012

Washington DC Cherry Blossoms

My daughter is in Washington DC with a group of other Junior High students.  It is the midst of the National Cherry Blossom Festival and Washington DC is celebrating one hundred years of the gift of trees.
In 1912, an incredible gift of 3,000 cherry blossom trees was bestowed on Washington, DC by Tokyo, Japan. Rooted strongly and surviving outside elements, the trees have withstood the test of time
I still don't know if my daughter will get to (or has already) participated in any of the cherry blossom festivities.  But here are some vintage Washington DC cherry blossom ads that will have to hold me over until I can hear about her trip.
Pepsi Cola

April 13, 1959 Life Magazine


Kodak film

April 5, 1963 Life Magazine

No comments: